U.S. Immigrant Visas / Permanent Residency / Green Cards

U.S. Immigrant Visas / Pe…

We offer legal assistance with immigrant visas / permanent residency obtained through family-based immigration, employment-based and investment-based immigration. Learn more about some of our services below. Or contact us for additional information.

Based in Reston (Fairfax County), Virginia, immigration attorney Michael McVicker and our team work with families, employees and investors from across the globe seeking to live throughout the United States of America.

EB-5 Investor Visas

Under U.S. immigration law, 10,000 immigrant visas per year are available to qualified individuals seeking permanent resident status on the basis of their investment in a new commercial enterprise. This visa program is widely known as the EB-5 visa p… Read More

PERM Applications

Foreign nationals who have a sponsoring employer are eligible to pursue permanent residency in the United States through the process known as filing an “Application for Labor Certification” with the U.S. Department of Labor. This is also… Read More

Phase One – The PERM Application

In this process, a sponsoring employer files an application with the U.S. Department of Labor essentially stating that it is not possible to find a qualified U.S. worker to fill a permanent position being offered to a foreign national. The foreign na… Read More

Phase Two – The Immigrant

Once the Application for Labor Certification (PERM) is approved, the employer files the following items with the Immigration and Naturalization Service: the approved application, an Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker on USCIS Form I-140, and support… Read More

Phase Three – Adjustment of Status or Consular Processing

Once the I-485 Application to Adjust Status to Permanent Residency is filed with the USCIS, a foreign national immigrating pursuant to an approved PERM application is considered to be in legal status as an “applicant to adjust status.” Th… Read More

Extraordinary Ability

As set forth under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1990 and its implementing regulations, a foreign national filing for classification as an alien of extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics must provide:… Read More

Outstanding Professor / Researcher

As set forth under the Immigration and Nationality Act of 1990 and its implementing regulations, a foreign national being sponsored by an employer for classification as an outstanding professor or researcher must provide: Evidence of at least two of… Read More

K-1 Fiancé Visas

The K-1 visa permits a foreign national fiancé of a U.S. citizen to travel to the United States to marry a U.S. citizen within 90 days of admission to the country. If you plan to marry a foreign national outside the United States or your fiancé is… Read More

Marriage to a U.S. Citizen

U.S. citizens may petition to have their spouse live permanently in the United States. The spouse of a U.S. citizen is classified as an “immediate relative” in the Immigration and Nationality Act. Since Congress has not limited the number of visa… Read More

Other Family-Based Visas